laser pointershigh powered lasergreen laserblue laser pointerviridian laserlaser pointer for catslaser pointer penmost powerful laser
ATHLETES TO RECEIVE OUTSTANDING PRIZE MONEY - All Athletics

ATHLETES TO RECEIVE OUTSTANDING PRIZE MONEY

 
Updated: July 7, 2016

Athletes will soon be paid in full, according to Athletics SA (ASA), following lengthy delays in prize money payouts for road running and track and field events this season.
The federation told members in an email on Thursday that payments for 10 national events, held over the last five months, had been delayed due to longer anti-doping testing processes, after the SA Institute for Drug-Free Sport (Saids) had begun sending samples to a laboratory in Doha while upgrades were made at the lab in Bloemfontein.
The results for all events had been received, and with no positive drug tests returned, ASA had made most of the outstanding payments to athletes.
“More than 70% of the athletes have already received their prize money, with the remaining 30% to be paid soon,” the federation said.
Road running events which were affected by the payout delays included the SA 10km Championships in Sasolburg, the SA Marathon Championships in East London and the Two Oceans ultra-marathon in Cape Town.
Track and field competitions included the national age group and senior championships, held in Germiston and Stellenbosch respectively, the SA Open Championships in Bloemfontein, and all four ASA Nite Series meetings held around the country.